The Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency is committed to educating outstanding physicians with a strong Family Medicine identity, grounded in science and guided by empathy and compassion.
- Advance learning through scholarship, critical thinking, and self-reflection.
- Encourage health and reduce suffering of individuals and families, vulnerable populations, and the greater community.
- Advocate for social justice, the underserved, and universal health care.
- Provide a learning environment that supports humanity, compassion and connection.
Four Educational Pillars
- Supervised Resident Autonomy: where residents experience the responsibility of the care of patients.
- Environment of Academia: where students teach and teachers learn.
- Environment of Humanism and Social Justice:
- An acknowledgement of the rights for every patient’s access to health care.
- An acknowledgment of the intense period of personal growth and development during residency.
- Developing a strong sense of a Family Medicine Identity.