What do FFFM Scholars do?
- Shadow Family Medicine resident physicians to see what it’s like being a doctor, seeing patients, and working in a clinic.
- Learn about different careers in medicine (medical assistants, nurses, mental health providers, doctors.)
- Get to know, work with, and be mentored by Family Medicine Resident doctors.
- Attend physician-run workshops to gain firsthand experience with labor and delivery, suturing, casting, physical exams, CPR, medical ethics, and more!
- Participate in fun social events to get to know your mentors and fellow FFFM Scholars. Past activities have included: game night, bowling, laser tag.
- Workshop examples include obstetric simulation, effective patient communication, contraceptives, and essay writing.