*Update Nov. 2020 – Due to the COVID pandemic and our desire to protect the health and safety of all scholars, we will be offering an all virtual format for the Spring 2021 program. We will continue to reassess and make adaptations if in-person programming can be offered safely at a later time.
What do FFFM Scholars do?
- Shadow Family Medicine resident physicians to see what it’s like being a doctor, seeing patients, and working in a clinic.
- Learn about different careers in medicine (medical assistants, nurses, mental health providers, doctors.)
- Get to know, work with, and be mentored by Family Medicine Resident doctors.
- Attend physician-run workshops to gain firsthand experience with labor and delivery, suturing, casting, physical exams, CPR, medical ethics, and more!
- Participate in fun social events to get to know your mentors and fellow FFFM Scholars. Past activities have included: game night, bowling, laser tag.
- Workshop examples include obstetric simulation, effective patient communication, contraceptives, and essay writing.