The Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency historically has been a national leader in training family doctors to provide HIV care. Since 2012, in addition to the standard HIV curriculum for all residents, interested rising 2nd and 3rd year residents may apply to pursue a 1-2 year Area of Concentration (AoC) in HIV. Resident expectations for this AoC include:
- Manage a panel of ~20 HIV+ continuity patients.
- One HIV clinic/4 week cycle with HIV specialist preceptor.
- Interoffice clinical care and clinic visits as needed for panel patients.
- Complete 30 hours of HIV-related CME prior to graduation.
- Attend UCSF Conference: Medical Management of HIV/AIDS & Hepatitis.
- Self-paced online National HIV Curriculum
- Attend BANCCC AIDS ETC’s Annual HIV/AIDS Review Conference
- Become an AAHIVM Credentialed Specialist within 6 months of graduation.
- Practice HIV family medicine in the United States after graduation.