Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency
The Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency, a UCSF affiliate, is situated 50 miles north of San Francisco. The redwoods, coastline, and vineyards of Sonoma County provide necessary respite during the intense experiences of residency training.
- unopposed, community-based program
- trains full spectrum family physicians
- multicultural, multilingual group of underserved patients
- academically rigorous, innovative training
- resident-driven education
- humanistic approach to personal and professional development
In October 2017, there were unprecedented fires in Northern California, including Santa Rosa. Everyone in our residency program remained safe and, despite being evacuated, our hospital remained standing. Unfortunately, the Vista Family Health Center suffered devastating fire, water, and smoke damage and was in need in major renovations. In August 2019, Vista reopened and our program moved back to a beautiful new space. Watch the campus rebuild journey here.
In keeping with the goals and mission of our program, we remained very busy managing the disaster and recovery efforts. In spite of the obvious impact to our community, we continued the operation of our residency program.